Providing expert Environmental Site Assessment to suit your needs
The need to undertake an environmental site assessment may arise for a variety of reasons and RCA Australia has experience undertaking a broad range of environmental investigations across NSW and Australia.
RCA Australia can assist site owners/custodians to meet their obligations and management goals within the framework of the National Environmental Protection (Assessment of Site Contamination) Measure (NEPM), which prescribes the following stages:
- Phase 1 Site Assessment – Primarily desktop assessment of available information sources.
- Phase 2 Site Assessment – Exploratory investigation with collection and analysis of samples.
- Risk Assessment – More in-depth assessment and evaluation of actual contaminant risk to better determine if potential actions are required.
This may be followed by additional stages of:
- Site Remediation – Removal or reduction of risk from contamination sources.
- Validation and Reporting – Assessment of remediation undertaken and evaluation of remaining risk.
- Site Management and Environmental Monitoring – Management of any remaining contaminant sources to ensure risk is minimised and monitoring of key parameters to ensure that assessment, remediation and management has been adequate.